Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Meet Spoke-n-Sport ambassador John Gruber


The Spoke-n-Sport ambassadors are cycling enthusiasts who lead rides, conduct clinics and represent the shop in our community.
Going into the warm months of 2022, it's time to introduce this year's ambassadors. We'll post a short Q&A to introduce - or reintroduce - them to our Spoke-n-Sport universe.
We start with John Gruber.


Question: What does the word ambassador mean to you?
Answer: When I think about ambassador, the two words that come to mind are representative and connection. I am a representative of Spoke-n-Sport and I want to connect people that participate in cycling in any way to Spoke-n-Sport and each other.

Q: What’s your favorite cycling memory?
A: I have so many cycling memories it's hard to narrow it down to just one. Definitely near the top is the first time each of my daughters participated in the Sioux Falls Trail Challenge and made it around the whole loop under their own power. A second one near the top is riding the Death Ride in Colorado to raise money for ALS research and honor my dad after his untimely passing from the disease.

Q: What’s one thing you want us to know about you?
A: I'm adventurous yet particular.

Q: What do you have planned for 2022?

A: I'm really excited for the Sunday Funday rides with my fellow ambassador, Jacqueline Palfy, as we enjoy the trails right next to the Tuthill store. I am also planning a bikepacking trip with avid bikepacker, Doug Swenson, which will be very fun. I hope to reunite with you if we have ridden together before and meet you if you are new to cycling.

You can leave a comment here if you'd like to connect with John.


No comments:

Post a Comment