Thursday, April 5, 2018

What Are These "Brand Ambassadors" You Keep Talking About? Pt. 3

Did you know that people like OTHER activities besides cycling?! (We couldn't believe it either). Did you know that cycling is actually amazing cross-training for runners and other athletes, or that the triathlete community is growing by laps and miles?! All if this is true and that made us rethink the way we do things at Spoke-N-Sport. Community is a unified body of individuals, a people with common interests living in a particular area. South Dakota is rather particular so what better way to do that than to introduce a brand new type of ride? This year we have added a series of Bike/Run/Bike rides to our calendar and we couldn't be more pumped about who will be leading them!
Coming from a strong swim background, Melissa McCauley's love for running and riding has grown significantly over the past few years and her devotion to an active community is contagious. During her interview she had so many empowering and positive things to say about Spoke-N-Sport and the cycling community you'd swear we were paying her to do this (we're not).

"I started riding when I began training for a few local sprint triathlons . I remember the first time I jumped on a road bike, I was nervous because I hadn't been on a bike in years. It was exactly like I remembered, except it was FAST. I fell in love with the openness of the trails and the feeling of the ride. As a part of training I found my love for running. Last year I finished the Chicago Marathon, my biggest accomplishment yet."

What brought you to Spoke-N-Sport?
"To be a part of an amazing community like Spoke-N-Sport is a big deal. I am excited to partner together to spread my love of this community and have others experience the joys of cycling and running."

What are you most excited for with this ambassadorship?
"Full inclusion. What I mean by that is that joining in on group activities can be intimidating. I want everyone to feel comfortable. If you’re not an elite cyclist that is ok, neither am I. That should not stand in the way of joining group rides or activities. I love bringing people together."

Thank you Melissa, we are excited for everything you are bringing to the table.

Last but not least, our bikepacking ambassador, Andrew Robertson...

No comments:

Post a Comment