Tuesday, April 3, 2018

What Are These "Brand Ambassadors" You Keep Talking About? Pt. 1

Sooo, you keep reading the words "brand ambassador" ALL over our page and you are asking yourself, "what does that even mean?" Well we would be more than happy to explain it to you AND introduce just who they happen to be!

In short, a brand ambassador is someone that embodies the brand they are representing. To us, they are out on the trails when we as a store cannot be, providing honest, respectful, and legitimate promotion to Spoke-N-Sport through group rides, classes, and events. It involves being emotionally committed to the product and value we stand behind and offer to our customers. Their passion for cycling and community are key. They are strong leaders and teachers and want to grow a healthy and strong cycling community in our local area.

That being said, over the next week we want to introduce to you our ambassadors for 2018 and we cannot wait to see their events unfold!

Spoke-N-Sport is very proud to carry Liv, a brand created by women for women. With that brand comes an amazing ambassador named Jes Horton.


"As a kid, I rode my bike a lot because it was the only way I could get to my local pool or library. I didn’t get into biking seriously until I was 22 when a close friend asked me to do RAGBRAI. I said, “sure, why not?” and dove in head first. I bought a road bike, clips, pedals, and my first pair of bike shorts. I trained about 50 miles prior and I had no idea what I was getting myself into! Seven days and copious amounts of pie later - I was hooked! Since then, I have had the opportunity to bike throughout the U.S. and have met some of the most unique, wonderful, and inspiring humans as a result."




What are you most excited about with the Liv ambassadorship?

"I’m most excited about the opportunity to connect with so many fearless females in the Sioux Falls community and get more booties on bikes!"

What suggestions do you have to the women that want to start riding but don't know where to start?


  1. Find a community of people who will both encourage you and challenge you. After all, the best things in life happen when you get out of your comfort zone! 
  2. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I had very little experience when I first started biking. Heck, I didn’t even know how to pump my own tires! Once I learned some basic bike maintenance it became a lot more fun (and empowering)! 
  3. Find a local bike shop and get to know the staff. They are there to help answer those questions and make sure you feel confident on your bike. Spoke-n-Sport has always been my go-to for anything bike related! 
  4. Get fitted to your bike. Biking should be enjoyable and pain free and a good fit ensures both. 

Do you have any personal goals for 2018 bike riding or otherwise?

"Riding my bike in every state is on my bucket list. I’m about 1/3 of the way there, so I still have some work to do."
Jes, we are so excited to work with you to strengthen the women's cycling community, thank you so much for all of your hard work and we are grateful to have you on the team!

Check back tomorrow to meet our next ambassador, Ken Kreger!



1 comment: