Friday, March 24, 2017

MTB Ambassador Gear Preview - the bike

As the Mountain Biking Ambassador, this year I’m going to be riding the Giant Anthem 2. It is my first new mountain bike in 15 years and I am really looking forward to riding it. I debated between hard tail and full suspension for what bike to ride. With the Maestro technology and great spec on this bike, the debate landed on the side of the Anthem.

Giant Anthem 2

Giant has redesigned the Anthem and turned into an all round xc bike - great for everything from racing to all day epic adventures. I received the bike about three weeks, got it built and had it checked over at the store. So far, I have only been able to ride it on the bike path and in town, so am hoping the weather cooperates and gets the FAST trails dried out soon so I can really get a feel of what this bike has to offer.

Here is part of the official release from Giant - With its all-new lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frameset, engineered specifically for 27.5 wheels, this agile XC machine delivers confidence and control even on rugged terrain. A new trunnion-mount Maestro rear suspension setup gives you 110mm of smooth, active rear travel. And Boost hub technology improves wheel stiffness for even more control.

In my next post I will be letting you know what parts I have swapped or upgraded on my new bike. As my enduro bros would say,  "I’m stoked to be riding this sick whip and looking forward to pinning it all season long.  Braap!"

Click here for all the specs of the Giant Anthem 2.

Click the links below for some YouTube videos from Giant about the 2017 Anthem and a link to the news page with some great reviews from major mountain bike media outlets.





No comments:

Post a Comment