Thursday, August 15, 2019

Giant 2020 Product Launch: Defy Advanced Pro 1

Day two of the Giant Link I (Peter) decided to ride some of the Road lineup from Giant. I’ve raced and ridden road bikes for 15 years, so I have a lot of experience in the segment. The bike I checked out was the Defy Advanced Pro 1. 


This bike checks all the boxes: full carbon integrated Frame and fork. Carbon tubeless wheels. SRAM Etap AXS transmission. Check to all the above. Heading out of the demo area, my riding partner Kyle and I decide to rip the decent of Cottonwood canyon. It’s a steep, curvy descent with a perfect road surface, exactly what you would wish for in evaluating a new bike. I was immediately at home, hanging off it like Valentino Rossi in the corners. Quick but stable handling along with 32mm tires combined to make an impressive descending machine. As we approached the bottom of the canyon we had to slow for traffic that was bottle necking due to an avalanche the preceding weekend. SRAM brakes and wide tires were fantastic for stopping confidence. 


Next, we turned around to finish our ride with a 6ish mile climb back up to the resort. I was impressed with the efficiency of the frame which felt great both in and out of the saddle. The AXS transmission was flawless with a super wide range for the steep parts but nice, even jumps for the changing gradients of the canyon. If you like climbing, these AXS parts should be on your upgrade list. I’m very excited to take this bike out tomorrow for the Giant Factory throw down in the morning.

9 comments:

  1. hi me david this cycle race is amazing today i can talk my best fries & remember past filmswear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a nice content. Apppreciate it :)
    Cheers
    If anyone interested similar one's have a look here bikesgearlab.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such a nice content. Apppreciate it :)
    Cheers
    If anyone interested similar one's have a look here bikes gearlab thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I review your blog currently share terrific details right here. Driving school in Annandale

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge. Driving School in Fairfax VA

    ReplyDelete